rEleAse uR iNnEr kItTy

rEleAse uR iNnEr kItTy
got shake it up, girlffreind

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Integral Assestment Unit 6

The universal loving-kindness is was not only relaxing but helped to calm me. This past week as been very busy and stressful. I have felt like everything I did was for everyone else. Now don't get me wrong, I like to help people but it seemed that other's needs override my very own basic needs like sleep, exercise and time for myself not to mention the time I need to do my schoolwork. It kinda set me off, I felt like my basic needs were not important and came after other's wants. You say that it left me mad and with an angry attitude towards people. With this exercise, I let it all go. I felt like it allowed my heart, mind and body to rid myself of negative emotions and replace them with love and kindness and able to rejuvenate myself.
With the integral assessment, I always find assessing myself has always been a struggle.  Most of the time, I know what things I excel at and are good at  but determining what needs work and figuring out what I need to do has always been a struggle. This has been no different.
I realized that I have focused on my physical body in a physical ways but have ignored those exercise that have promoted the growth of my mind and especially my spirit.  This has lead to a dependency on my physical body to deal with all my emotional distresses and negative thoughts causing an over loaded mind and a weakened spirit. I thought if i kept my physical body exhausted, I would not have to deal with my stress levels and deflated spirit. I was wrong, it only caused my life to spiral uncontrollable and in turn affected my love ones and those that I interact with on a daily bases.
The one exercise that I want to focus on is yoga and meditation. I want to be able to slow down and calm down. I don't have to do everything for everyone especially when it comes to own health. I have to make time for myself to participate doing these things. I realized that if I want to help others it can not be at my own personal expense of health and mental stability. What good  am I  if I am stressed out and mad all the time and taxing my physical body trying to deal with my neglect of my mental and spiritual health.

1 comment:

  1. Tammie,

    I love the fact that you are able to self eval your life and your emotions. Not many people are able to do that. It is difficult to find the balance of mind, body, and spirit. Usually one over powers the other but being aware of this is helpful. These excercises will be very important as the holiday season get underway. I am proud of you and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete