rEleAse uR iNnEr kItTy

rEleAse uR iNnEr kItTy
got shake it up, girlffreind

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Meeting Asciepius - Unit 7

The exercise for this unit, Meeting Asciepius, I found a little difficult to try to envision a wise loving person that I know so the image that came into my mind was a old Asian Man that I have a small statue of. You know the bland one with a long white beard holding a long staft. I was able to focus on him and visualize the beam of white light reaching from him to myself. I just had to remind myself to keep focus on him image which was hard. My mother did this exercise with me and several times she fell asleep and when she snored I lost my focus. It did help me to refocus. I did this exercise right after I came home from my three hour kickboxing workshop so my physical body was exhausted which allowed me to focus on my mind. My tight muscles relaxed and my heart rate slowed down and cooled down my excited mood.


The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" remind me of the idea that you just can't talk the talk but you have to walk the walk. You have to be a living example. An example of this would be, a doctor telling me to lose weight when themselves are overweight. What right to you have to tell me to do something when you yourself don't take your own advice. As a parent, I have to remember that I am the biggest influence on my children, they see what I do more then what I say. I can not tell them not to do this when I am doing it myself  This goes for any health and wellness professional. We are the living examples for your patients, they will see our actions and will be influenced by them. I try to remember that they are looking to me for help and guidance and the best thing I can do for them is to do myself what I am asking them to do. Beware of yourself and your actions, you will never know when someone is looking to you for an example.I have to make an intentional decision in all that I do and basically talk the talk and walk the walk. I can not help others when I have not helped myself. My journey can be used as an example and motivation for someone else has they embark on their own journey toward health, happiness and wholeness with love and kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tammie, I have to admit I got a good chuckle out of your blog. The vision I had in my head was quite funny becuase that would have been me falling asleep too. Anyway, you are right about people watch our actions no matter where we are, especially our kids. We want them to grow up to be better and stronger than we are but the key is that we have to change our self for this to happen, sure they can try to make that choice when they are older but why wait?

    Thanks, Casey

    ReplyDelete